Applicants enrolled in a TAU university belong to different cultural, geographic, and social strata. By receiving an inclusive education, students can access education and can fully participate in education with peers of the same age, gaining academic flexibility in developing a learning plan that is tailored to their individual needs. Inclusion is included in all aspects of student life and is supported by culture, politics and daily practices in the life of the university.
Inclusive education is the process of development of general education, which implies access to education for all, in terms of adapting to the various needs of all students, which provides access to education for students with special needs.
The development of an inclusive education system in TAU is one of the priorities and is carried out in accordance with the State Program for the Development of Education for 2011–2020 and the Plan for the Organization of Psychological and Pedagogical Support for Inclusive Education in the Turan-Astana University Foundation for 2016–2020
The main activities for inclusive education:
- Creating a university environment and barrier-free environment for people with PLO and persons with disabilities;
- Ensured architectural accessibility of the interior, sports and cultural facilities;
- Psychological preparation for work in an inclusive education;
- Scientific and methodological and organizational support for inclusive education;
- Increasing the social and spiritual potential of the university through the implementation of inclusive education.
- The faculty of the department "Pedagogy and Psychology" are involved in the program for the implementation of inclusive education and have been trained in the provision of psychological assistance under the auspices of the Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
- In order to increase the physical activity of students with OOP conducted:
- yoga classes in the office of simulation counseling;
- courses "Tanatherapy" in conjunction with the Astana Institute of Integrative Family Psychology;
- psychological training and consultations with the use of body-oriented psychotherapy techniques, for working out body clips and psychological barriers.